Thursday, August 7, 2008

Family Vacation at Breezy Point

I KNOW I am bad at updating this. This is actually from last week when I was on vacation. I wrote it and save it in MS Word since there was not interenet access.

I am on vacation with the family today. I actually started out the week in St. Cloud for work. We had an appraisal training session that lasted a couple of days and OMG was it boring!! I cannot believe how bored I was. Maybe I should have been paying a little more attention though, because today when I took the exam I felt retarded. I hope I did ok, but whatever.

Upon completion of the exam we were free to go home. Everyone else went home, but I drove another hour and a half north to Breezy Point Resort. I am not a good critic, but this place is great! Very nice, right on your own beach, a lot of things to do. We have cabins that are actually houses, and we have two. Each one is split into two separate cabins. Every year we [whole extended family] go on a little vacation and this was the choice this year. Grandma usually pays for it as she likes to get everyone together over her birthday. When I say everyone I mean everyone. It is the four families, the in-laws, all the cousins, the second cousins, the fiancĂ©’s of my sisters….I mean everyone, but it is fun! I wish I had someone to bring, but again, whatever. ;-).

Today was a very leisurely day and I expect the next couple to be the same. During the day we all sat on the beach and went boating/tubing/skiing and then tonight we sat around the camp fire – and I might add that over the years our ring of people around the fire has gotten a lot larger – and we talked about everything from Karma to UFO’s. In fact I think we had five polls to everyone seated around the fire. 1) Do you believe in UFO’s or extra terrestrial life? 2) Do you believe in Ghost’s? 3) …Karma, 4) … destiny, 5) the best of all…Miller or Bud? But I guess what I am saying is, that it has been a great time so far and I am looking forward to the rest of the week.

No comments: