Thursday, February 7, 2008

The bright side

This is a little message I posted on our work blog today. I should note that others were posting some things that obviously were coming from disgruntled employees. I guess I have a different view on things since I have something lined up, but I still would not be rude about it.

As much as this whole lay-off deal really, well...sucks for everyone we need to think about it positively too. I mean, yea it really hits home that in 3 months many of us will not have a job. Some of us maybe sooner, and some of us later, but we are all in the same boat and yes, it is not a pleasant feeling. We thought we were stressed when the responsibilities of those recently let go were placed on our plates. Now you can look at it as most of these extra responsibilities will soon be going to someone in NY and we can then concentrate on the new stressor of not having a job in the near future.

However, with severance and the option for unemployment benefits, it might not be so bad. Look at the bright side, you may have a few weeks of vacation. Plus, if you really want, you may even get a chance to move to a city that you have always wanted to live in. New York would be fun. San Francisco would be a blast. Atlanta...at least it is warm and cheap to live there! All I can say now is hang in there and Good Luck to everyone!

1 comment:

B said...

I have always admired and appreciated your upbeat attitude and ability to look on the bright side of even the toughest situations
--B