Sunday, February 10, 2008

I finally have closure

Ok…the ex. Yes Yes Yes, I know. I thought I was over him. But apparently I was not…until today. Last week he asked if he could come see the dog [Megan]. Of course he could, she is his dog too. He came over today and the first few minutes were very awkward. It was weird. I mean, we have not talked in over two months so yea it is going to be weird. After a while we talked about many things, from work to dating. This is where it hit me. I got REALLY jealous when he said he has been dating someone for a while now and it really hit me when he said that he had sex with five people. I was like “5 people in 2 months?!?!?” I don’t know how it came up, but it did and it bothered me.

He had to go to Target and asked if I wanted to go with. I needed to return something there and to Best Buy so after a bit of hesitation I agreed. It was good though. We went and after a while it felt like we were more of just friends rather than ex-lovers. I am glad I went with so that I was actually able to come to the realization that things were really, truly done.

After Target and Best Buy we went to eat. Again, it was good. We had great conversation. However, I wanted further closure so I asked him a question that has been bothering me for quite some time. I said “So be completely honest with me, Did you ever do anything with anyone while we were together?” He hesitated and said “Actually yes. I made out with someone one time at a bar.” OUCH! That hurt!! I would NEVER do even that if I was with someone. Seriously, why would he make out with someone when he was with me? I don’t get it. But, I am glad I finally have a definitive conclusion to the saga of “Brent and Derek.”

1 comment:

Sadie said...

GRRRRRRRRRRR! Believe me I could say more, but I won't...